The 1972 Dual Mic, Line & Instrument Pre-Amplifier has been developed to make it ultra easy for you to capture perfect recordings every time. The 1972 gives you the ability to record pristine audio from a variety of sources and especially makes the most of the multitude of microphones that you find in the studio, from budget to high-end dynamic and also ribbon mics.
The 1972 uses the latest THAT Corporation technology in the two independent mic preamps to provide ultra clean, transparent and precise recordings, with each channel capable of 66dB of stepped gain, with an additional +/-12dB’s trim at the output, and incorporates switchable mic impedance for accurate mic matching to bring out the best from any microphone used, and also provides a way to “sculpt” the sound of passive dynamic, and especially low-impedance ribbon microphones.
As well as standard features that you will find on most preamplifiers, such as phase reverse, the 1972 also has a wealth of tools that help when recording difficult sources, making it possible to get the best quality recording with ease: Fully variable LoCut and HiCut controls have been included to allow you to tune into recordings and remove superfluous signals in the low and high frequencies, removing rumble and hiss with ease. In addition the Shape feature allows you to bring out the bass or treble using a subtle tilt EQ.
A unique feature that has been developed by Ivor Drawmer and currently only available on the 1972 is the Lift control. Lift is essentially a low level dynamic gain module which has no effect
on signals above 0dB. This makes it possible to record very quiet signals in a transparent and natural way without distortion and clipping taking place on the louder passages, and is especially effective for very dynamic signals, finding great use in recording piano, and on all vocals including speech, and for capturing ambiance.
- Two THAT Corporation ultra clean mic pre’s with 66dB of gain in 6dB steps, plus +/-12dB’s trim at output.
- Separate Line & Mic input XLR’s on the rear plus a pro quality instrument DI input on the front panel.
- Can be used on a multitude of sources including instruments and all type of microphones in the studio from low to high end, plus ribbon mics.
- Switchable Mic Impedance for accurate mic matching and also mic tone sculpting.
- A wealth of features not found on other preamps make it ease to capture difficult to record sources.
- Unique Lift feature for boosting very low signals without the loud signals clipping.
- Fully variable LoCut and HiCut filters to tune into signals and remove unwanted sounds.
- Shape switches are included to control bass and treble using a subtle tilt EQ.
- Phantom Power and Phase Reverse
- Two backlit Analogue V.U. Meters with Switchable +10dB Rescale Mode.
- Time delay relays on outputs for clean power up/down.
- Internal Low Hum Toroidal Linear Power Supply with Voltage Selector Switch.
- Classic Drawmer build quality with rugged steel chassis and aluminium front panel.
- Designed and Handmade by Drawmer in the UK.